Monday 21 March 2011

The Answer:

Begin to see the fiasco in its true perspective.
It simply wasn't worth feeling bad about.

Intelligent, thinking people could take things like this in their stride,
just as they took the larger absurdities of deadly dull jobs in the city and deadly dull homes in the suburbs.

Circumstances might force you to live in this environment,
but the important thing is to keep from being contaminated.
The important thing, always, is to remember who you are.


So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
Then you will find knowledge.
Then you will understand.

6 comments:

Fanny Jimenez said...

Excuse my delay in answering you! And thanks for your lovely comment! Now, follow you by GFC too!!!
*I just release a new image on my Facebook Official Page, hope you “like it” and drink a sip of ABSOstyle with me: join my day to day!!!

KISSES!
Estefanía J. ABSOstyle
Bloglovin’ * Facebook * Twitter / LOOKBOOK * CHICISIMO

km said...

like this part "The important thing, always, is to remember who you are"...great post! and thanks for your comment!
x

NorTin shoes said...

Your copy is beautiful and I wish I could know the answer...
Have a wonderful night
xxx

Oh to Be a Muse said...

if only it were the easy. every now and then i still ask myself what should i do with my life? lol.

INTRO TO MY LIFE said...

amazing!!! thanks so much for posting. this is much needed. I don't know what i'm doing or what i should do in life. but i know i need wisdom and understanding and then all there is, is to eat drink and be happy with where ever life takes me.

p.s. i miss you fe
xx,
nek

Fé... said...

It's actually a quote from my favorite book, Karo, Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates. The one that has been brought to motion picture, starring Leo diCaprio and Kate Winslet. It's a wonderful piece of writing!

Nek darling, if you ever read this reply from me at my post, I've missed you so much too. I've been trying to find your blog. Your profile doesn't seem to provide a link and then I search at Google but with no success. So next time you comment please leave a link, I'd love to pay you a visit. It's been a while...