Wednesday 30 September 2009

Resisting Discouragement:

Don’t get tired of doing what is good.
Don’t get discouraged and give up,
The realization of our dreams might be just around the corner.

There are many things that work to keep us from completing our vision of life (read: life-time dream). At some juncture of life, we can be put off of our life missions; obstacles and hurdles may allure us to simply quit altogether.


Do you ever get tired of chasing your dreams?
Do you feel exhausted with doing what’s right? I think we all do.
Sometimes it seems easier to do the wrong thing than the right thing.

When we’re discouraged, we become ineffective.
When we’re discouraged, we work against our own faith.
When I’m discouraged, I’m saying, “It can’t be done.”
That’s the exact opposite of saying, “I know I have the capacity to do it and I can do it!”


Ask yourself these questions:
• How do I handle failure?
• When things don’t go my way, do I get grumpy?
• When things don’t go my way, do I get frustrated?
• When things don’t go my way, do I start complaining?
• Do I finish what I start?
• How would I rate on persistence?


If you’re discouraged, don’t give up without a fight. Nothing worthwhile ever happens without endurance and energy.

When an artist starts to create a sculpture, he has to keep chipping away. He doesn’t hit the chisel with the hammer once, and suddenly all the excess stone falls away revealing a beautiful masterpiece. He keeps hitting it and hitting it, chipping away at the stone.

And that’s true of life, too. Nothing really worthwhile ever comes easy in life. You keep hitting it and going after it, and little-by-little your life becomes a masterpiece.

The fact is, great people are really just ordinary people with an extraordinary amount of determination.
Great people don’t know how to quit.

3 comments:

Sara said...

thank you...for one great read!

Liga said...

this was inspiring, thank you!

Fé... said...

You're very welcome, girls... :)