Friday 17 July 2009

you and me:

It always fascinates me how people go from loving someone madly to nothing at all, nothing.

It all happens in a blink of an eye. There's the chemistry, the burst of fireworks, the butterflies inside your belly. There follows the wonderful moments spent together, memories weaved by a series of hang-outs, laughs, movies, kisses. Then there come the problems; some solved, some unsolved. Those unsolved create more unsolved problems. And by the end of the day there is "us" no more, what's left is "you" and "me". Separated, detached.

When you think that it's over, that you'll never see him again like this... Well yes, you'll bump into him. Meet the new boyfriend and girlfriend, act as if we had never been together, then we'll slowly think of each other less and less until we forget each other completely. Almost.

Always the same cycle. Make Up, break up, break down. Meet one guy, then another, fool around. Forget the one and only. Then after a few months of total emptiness start again to look for true love, desperately look everywhere and after two years of loneliness meet a new love and swear it is the one, until that one is gone as well.

Eventually though, there's a moment in life where you can't recover any more from another break-up. And even if this person bugs you sixty percent of the time, well you still can’t live without him. And even if he wakes you up every day by sneezing right in your face, well you love his sneezes more than anyone else's kisses.

Picture via a glamorous little side project

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for writing me! I find your blog really interesting!! I am sorry to hear that you two just broke up. I broke up with my last boyfriend in March. It was really sad. He really loved me, and I just didn't love him as much back. We are still really good friends though, we talk every day. Everyone thinks it is weird that we are like this, but it is really nice.

I know what you mean about this pattern relationships always follow. It is so weird how they are always the same story. How guys can usually be the same too. That is why I decided to just be single for a really long time. I have the biggest crush on one of my guy friends, and I kind of like just having that. I don't want to complicate things with him. I hope you are doing ok. We all have to go through breaking up. It sucks, but it really makes you get stronger, and figure out what you like and dislike about relationships. I hope that people don't just settle with someone because they do not like breaking up.

I will look forward to talking to you more, and reading your blog!
I hope you are doing ok!!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Really accurate observation!

blue said...

It's sad when people you know become people you knew.
When you can walk right past someone like they were never a big part of your life. How you used to be able to talk for hours and how now, you can barely even look at them.

I believe that your last paragraph will actually happen to you and me *someday* :) meanwhile...takecare feb...*hugs*

Fé... said...

Love you all, readers! Your encouragement and advices mean a lot...